Ocean of Love and Mercy

Ocean of Love and Mercy
one of my watercolors from the 80's

Monday, May 2, 2011

another transfer

This one is from my Face Book note pages.

Summer Storm

by Lorena M Johnson on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 10:39am
The storm that came through yesterday reminded me of this old poem and I found this wonderful photo awhile back that goes well with it.

Summer Storm At Midnight

Heaven claps giant hands
to part the clouds hung heavy 'round its face.
It breathes a sigh,
soughing low
over the earth's surface.
Thunder shouts,
breaking the velvet veil of silence.
Lightening lines its cloak
of sadness with a sweeter song.
Midnight summer sky
gives up it's tears
to wet the dawn.

I wake and stir in restless dark.
Feathered winds play
lightly on my Pillow.
In softness now
my spirit seeks you.
Your calm flows gently
down around my heart,
and joy breaks radiant
with approaching day.

Lorenalila
I was lucky to find this photo.

3 comments:

  1. There is so much hope in this poem, Cami -- something we need right now, not just in the storm ravaged Southeast, but throughout the world. And the photo is downright amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying you blog and all the great poetry. How is the vegetarian diet going? I am anxious to hear how that is working for you. I love fruits and vegetables and sometimes think I could be a vegetarian. And then I get hungry for a big burger! Oh, well. Six days out of the week I could probably do it! Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went off it for a little while Sandy. Not far though. I found I needed a little meat. I try not to have a lot and am staying away from processed foods as much as possible. I found dairy products to be one of the culprits and am now using Almond milk for my cereal.
    I recently bought some Quinoa to try and liked it as a warm cereal a lot.
    Included in my diet are Chia seeds, ground flax seeds, chick peas as Humus and a variety of beans and black eyed peas. the lentils are a full compliment of amino acids if eaten with a little corn.
    Too bad about the dairy because I was really hooked on Greek yogurt which has as much protein in it as meat.
    I'm anxious to see what my cholesterol and triglycerides are doing. Will find out on the 23rd.
    Nothing seems to help the Fibromyalgia at this time though and I refuse to take narcotics. Maybe when the rainy season is over it will be better.
    I see you are having a lovely time even though you are having to do the radiation thing. I am so glad and am no longer worried about you, but am proud of your spunk.
    Hugs,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete