Ocean of Love and Mercy

Ocean of Love and Mercy
one of my watercolors from the 80's

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Quiet Forest Poem

 Another poem brought over from the old blog.




I STOOD IN A QUIET FOREST

I stood in a quiet forest
surrounded by ancient trees.
I stood on a windy hill
kissed by the fragrant breeze.

I stood on a new formed planet
and gazed at a distant star.
The Milky Way swept through me
as I traveled Oh! so far.

I sat in contemplation
in the silence of my room.
went into the stillness
of a dark, empty tomb.

A scene unfolded clearly
of a vast, brooding sea.
The voice of God called gently
somewhere inside of me.

Its music filled my being,
opened up my heart.
Pierced the veil of illusion,
Thrust the curtain apart.

I floated calmly for awhile
there on the ocean waves
as far as the eye could see.
It was an endless ocean.
The Ocean of Love and Mercy.

Lorena Johnson/Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment