Ocean of Love and Mercy

Ocean of Love and Mercy
one of my watercolors from the 80's

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Journey With A Friend




Living in the present seems like a large task sometimes, but pays off in keeping stress down. Life can otherwise be a bit overwhelming at times, so focusing on the moment helps. If you can make the moment count it will make each step make more sense. It's almost like not looking down when you are on a precipice.


Journey With a Friend
2006

I saw a robin in the cold of winter
and wondered at it's will to survive!
He flew right up to me
as I silently called to him.
Soul to soul we understood.
Tomorrow may bring sorrow,
but today is mighty fine.
A blood red sun is starting its climb
and the earth is very still.
The trees are bare
laced with icy branches,
December's chill.
A stark roost for a weary friend
who waits for springtime
or a bitter end.
We are joined in spirit,
that bird and I.
Our journey's taking us
over similar paths.
We breathe the same air,
we see the same sights,
we need the same needs,
and when our day is done,
we rest in the arms of the same universe.
There is no separation from the divine.

Lorenalila/cami

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this. Aren't birds wonderful. I am anxious to get a bird feeder going outside the dining area window once we are back home full time. We have nesting birds off the patio area that are a delight! Keep writing your beautiful poetry. I like!

    ReplyDelete