Ocean of Love and Mercy

Ocean of Love and Mercy
one of my watercolors from the 80's

Monday, May 9, 2011

How to listen to God's voice

This is a song I wrote for a seminar in Salt Lake City in the late nineties.  The theme of the seminar was how to listen to God's voice.  There is a bit of repetition in the song to go along with the modern music of the day.  It was a lovely seminar and I learned a lot.  The fellow who accompanied me on his guitar is now the Resa in Utah.  Quite a nice musician with his own band.

There Are Many Ways To Listen To God's Voice

There ae many ways to listen to God's voice;
through the eyes of a child;
through the eyes of my fellow man;
Ohhhhh,
if I listen, if I listen.

My own heart speaks so clearly,
when I listen, when I listen.
Messages come trom the Golden Tongue
when I listen, when I listen.

The call of an eagle flying high above;
the whisper of an animal seeking my love;
the wind in the trees;
the whistle of a train;
a running brook; 
a hive of bees;
the soft pelting rain;
a beggar;
a thief;
a lonely soul needing to talk;
music from a stereo;
rustling leaves when I walk.

There are many ways to listen to God's voiece
when I listen, when I listen,
and there really isn't every any mystery,
only a choice,
just to listen, if I listen,
only listen.

lyrics and melody written by Lorena Johnson

3 comments:

  1. Where is that darn "like" button! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Cami! We move so fast, making so much racket ... this is a wonderful reminder to slow down, be quiet, and open our minds and senses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sandy and Sharon. It is something music writers will grasp easily.

    ReplyDelete