Ocean of Love and Mercy

Ocean of Love and Mercy
one of my watercolors from the 80's

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Into the stillness

I posted this last month on the other Sach khand that is no longer working.  I thought it should be brought back in here.

Monday, April 11, 2011

INto the stillness

I just told my friend Sandy that I am trying harder to quiet the mind so I can go into the stillness. The mind loves to chatter away at us and is hard to get it to hush so we can go into the stillness and listen to the voice of spirit.
The few times I get there for even a moment, the stillness is so loud, it roars within my very depths. Spirit has so much to say and I am so lame at interpreting its language because I've not availed myself to the inner voice for too long.
As we grow old we become more aware of the need to get to that place and believe me, I am there now.
Stripped bare of illusion, I find that all that really matters is love. It is the only lasting, eternal thing we truly have.
I sit in silence and sing the Hu, calling on God to speak into that silence. It is evident that all that needs to be done is just to listen until the sound surrounds me with its love and light.
Sitting is very difficult for me, but I know that I must learn and do it with humility which isn't my strong point.
If the love of God can fill me up enough, maybe I can pass it along to my fellow beings. I now know that that is my only reason for being. To lend a hand to others who are struggling too.
Love you all and hope I can learn to convey that more clearly in the coming, troubled times.
Hugs!
Lorena/Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment